2013 NFL Draft News: Luke Joeckel Front-Runner to Go #1?
The 2012 NFL season isn’t even over, yet all we can think of here at NFLSoup.com is the 2013 NFL Draft and what the 2013 NFL season has in store for us all. That’s partially because we love the draft and fantasy football, and also probably because we don’t have a horse in this race.
With that said, NFL Draft news is popping out seemingly every minute and definitely on a daily basis, so we thought now would be the perfect time to pump out the hottest draft tidbits from around the league, while offering some of our own insight.
Check out what’s popping in regard to 2013 draft prospects, and hit the links below if you feel so inclined:
- Is OT Luke Joeckel the front-runner for the #1 pick? ESPN’s Chris Mortensen seems to think so. See where we have Joeckel going in our latest 2013 NFL mock draft.
- NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport warns that 2013 could be another year we see NFL teams reach for quarterbacks that are likely overrated and over valued.
- Rice TE Vance McDonald a second round pick? I’m not seeing it, but Senior Bowl exec Phil Savage thinks he has a shot to do just that. Savage also isn’t overly high on Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson as an elite pro prospect, saying that he’s “obviously” not the #1 pick.
- Little known Sierra wide receiver Courtney Gardner is starting to make some noise in NFL circles, according to draft insider Tony Pauline. In that same write-up, Pauline suggests that raw BYU pass-rushing specialist Ezikial Ansah is a lock for the first round. Staying on Ansah, there are other reports that NFL scouts still don’t know what to make of him.
- Jarvis Jones a tough positional fit? He might be a tad under-sized but otherwise seems to have all the necessary skills to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 at the next level. If anything, you’d think his back issues would scare teams away – not whether he’d be a good fit or not.
- Dane Brugler says via Twitter that Ryan Griffin of Tulane could be a nice under the radar quarterback teams poke around at.