Fantasy Football Injury Notes and Updates | Week One
In an effort to bring you the most up to date information for your fantasy league, NFL Soup brings you some last minute injury news and updates.
- Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch (back spasms) is in line to start, but expecting no more than 15 carries is most realistic. Robert Turbin remains a deep league play if your hurting for RB’s. If Lynch goes down, Turbin is the man to own in Seattle.
- Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) is unlikely to play in week one. Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer will see carries in the back field, although Dwyer is the favorite on the goal line.
- Carolina RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) is sitting versus the Buccaneers. That’s good news for any Mike Tolbert fans out there as Tolbert immediately picks up goal line carries in Stewart’s absence.
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (knee) is active, and will be splitting carries with Toby Gerhart. My money would be on Gerhart to be getting about 60/40 and be the better fantasy option this week, although the Jaguars rush defense has play makers.
- Browns RB Trent Richardson is active, but may have his workload shortened a bit. I could see Montario Hardesty and Brandon Jackson both seeing touches against the Eagles.
- Texans RB Arian Foster (knee) is active and will get the start for the Texans. I fully expect them to run Foster and Ben Tate heavily against Miami in week one.
- Falcons offensive fantasy owners rejoice. Kansas City is without Brandon Flowers and Tamba Hali for week one, while Derrick Johnson is active, but only about 80%. Julio Jones, Matt Ryan, Roddy White, and Michael Turner seem like must starts this week.
- Colts WR Austin Collie (concussion) will sit out in week one against the Bears. I expect LaVon Brazill and Donnie Avery to see targets in his absence.
- I’m staying away from Stevie Johnson (groin) this week who is barely 80%, and facing Darrelle Revis. Johnson is active, however.
- We’re expecting Cardinals RB Beanie Wells (hamstring) to get some action on Sunday, although Ryan Williams is the back to own this week if your looking for touches.