Wednesday NFL News: Dez Bryant Misses Practice, Cecil Shorts Cleared and More
Instead of try to compete with the big sites and try to punish Google with 100 news reports every hour, we’re taking it a bit easy on our breaking news during the fantasy playoffs. That doesn’t mean we’re not getting the big news impacting your fantasy team out to you, though. Instead of a bunch of individual articles that spill into your inbox all day, we’ll try to condense it to one daily report on injuries and other news affecting roles and potentially performances.
For all the major NFL news with fantasy football ramifications from the past day and today, read on:
Last Updated: 12:09 ET – 12/12/12
- Jaguars’ top wide receiver Cecil Shorts has been cleared from a concussion that held him out of last week’s action. With a good week of practice, he should be back in fantasy lineups for week 15.
- Dez Bryant isn’t out of the woods yet, but he really wants to play in week 15. That’s good news, as he’s been a beast for weeks now. He’s getting another opinion on his broken finger today.
- Robert Griffin III‘s father says he’ll play this week against the Cleveland Browns. RG3 has said as much, too, but nothing is set in stone. We’ll know more in the coming days about RG3′s injured right knee and his playing status.
- New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has a knee sprain and may not be a lock to play this week. If you haven’t already, go grab the electric David Wilson as a handcuff and monitor Bradshaw’s status the rest of the week.
- Rob Gronkowski is expected to attempt to practice this week despite just a few weeks removed from a broken arm. He’s nearing a return, but even if he practices this week it’s doubtful the Patriots rush him back for week 15.
- Rams receiver Danny Amendola is getting closer to a return and could play in week 15. He’ll be a shaky play after being inactive for week 14.
- The New York Jets claimed wide receiver Braylon Edwards off of waivers. He’s reunited with Mark Sanchez and is a deep sleeper for this week’s showdown with the hapless Titans on Monday Night Football.
- Steelers’ running back Rashard Mendenallhas been suspended one game for missing last week’s game. He’s a complete non-factor in fantasy right now.
For daily NFL news reports with fantasy football analysis, hit up NFLSoup.com.